Report Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: May 29, 2015
By requesting delivery of this report, provided by Gemology Headquarters International dba GHI Gemological Laboratory (“GHI” or the “Issuer”), the purchaser agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The information contained in this report is the result of the examination and evaluation of the article(s) based upon the application of the system and testing equipment used by the Issuer at the time the article(s) is (are) examined. Gemstone evaluation is not considered a science, and opinions may reasonably vary depending on many conditions such as lighting, evaluation techniques, type and condition of equipment, and/or the ability and experience of the gemologist.
- The report is not a guarantee, valuation, or appraisal of any kind. The report is not a warranty, nor a recommendation of purchase of the gemstone(s) or item(s) described herein. This report is not intended for insurance purposes or other appraisal functions. The report represents the best professional opinion of the Issuer. The Issuer is in no case responsible for differences that could occur by repeated evaluation and/or use of other standards, norms, methods, or criteria other than those chosen by the Issuer.
- The date of the report may not necessarily be the date of inspection or date of issuance.
- This report is supplied at the request of the purchaser and is issued for his/her exclusive use.
- Reports and the name, trademarks, and logos of the Issuer shall not be used by the purchaser in whole or in part for advertising or promotion, nor may any of the aforementioned items be reproduced or used, even generically, as a guarantee from the Issuer.
- The Issuer does not engage in purchasing, selling, or brokerage of gemstones or jewelry. The Issuer has no interest, past, present, or future, in the reviewed item(s). The fees charged are for the performance of examination and evaluation only.
- Neither the Issuer nor any of its employees or representatives shall be liable for any losses, expenses, or damages (including special or consequential damages), based upon any act, error, omission, inaccuracy, or any other fault of the Issuer or any of its employees or representatives, even if caused by negligence or other fault. In any event, any liability shall never extend to a party other than the purchaser and shall never exceed the cost paid by the purchaser for the report.
- These terms and conditions apply to all GHI reports in all formats including, but not limited to, printed and digital reports. Security elements on various report formats may differ.